Best Chat Transcript Awards
- What are the Best Chat Transcript Awards?
- What is the purpose of this award?
- What can my library gain from reviewing these transcripts?
The Best Chat Transcript Awards is a review of nominated transcripts conducted by consortium librarians on behalf of the ResearchHelpNow queue from the previous school year.
- Nominations come from managers of subscribed schools' chat managers; transcripts are anonymized and blind-peer reviewed by 2 reviewers each.
- Nominees are chosen that model excellence in chat service.
- The reviewers are also chat operators in the system; the awards committee chair assures that reviewers do not review their own school's operators or nominations.
- The committee uses a standardized rubric to assure fairness in judging; rubric can be viewed online.
- Assure quality amongst operators in the system.
- Use as a training tool for new operators in the system - see how excellent chats are conducted.
- Refresher tool for seasoned operators.
- Anonymized transcripts are helpful for showing administrators the return on investment re: quality and service.
For current examples, see this year's presentation files attached to this FAQ. Includes examples of anonymized transcripts as seen by our judges.